CONCERA™ CP1028 is a highly formulated polycarboxylate-based water reducer intended for the production of Control Flow Concrete, a highly flowable concrete utilizing conventional mix designs. CONCERA™ CP1028 has been formulated to extend slump-flow life while imparting extreme workability without segregation to concrete. CONCERA™ CP1028 is specifically formulated for use in non-air entrained applications only, such as interior slab-on-grade construction.
CONCERA™ CP1028 is supplied as a ready-to-use liquid that weighs approximately 8.58 lbs/gal (1.03 kg/L). It does not contain intentionally added chlorides.
CONCERA™ CP1028 is recommended for use in the production of Control Flow Concrete, a highly flowable conventionally proportioned concrete category with slump flows that reside between conventional and self-consolidating concrete. CONCERA™ CP1028 is used in conjunction with a polycarboxylatebased mid-range or high-range water reducing admixture. Starting slump before the addition of CONCERA™ CP1028 will typically be in the range of 5-8 inches (125-200 mm).
- Produces concrete with extremely high levels of workability without segregation. Slump flows can vary from 16 to 25 inches (410 to 635 mm) with the types of materials used, but will typically range from 18 to 22 inches (460 to 560 mm).
- Provides superior water tolerance to the concrete, making it less susceptible to normal manufacturing moisture fluctuations
- Extends slump life to enable batch plant adjustments and predictable job site plastic properties
- Uses conventional mix designs
- Enables production of extremely high-flowing, segregation resistant concrete
- Yields consistent and predictable slump flows
- Provides extended slump flow retention
- Reduces/eliminates job-site QC support
- Easier and faster placement and finishing
CONCERA™ CP1028 is an easy to dispense liquid admixture. Dosage rates can be adjusted to meet a wide spectrum of concrete mix proportions and performance requirements. Addition rates will normally range from 6 to 16 fl oz/100 lbs (390 to 1045 mL/100 kg) of cementitious material. Should conditions require using more than the recommended addition rate, please consult your GCP Applied Technologies representative.
Control Flow Concrete
Control Flow Concrete is a highly flowable concrete utilizing conventional mix designs, which requires minimal external energy to properly consolidate.
Control Flow Concrete produced with CONCERA™ CP1028 admixture has unique advantages over conventional flowing concrete and/or Self-Consolidating Concrete.
Advantages compared to conventional concrete mixtures:
- High flowability concrete – enhanced flow properties with no change in stability or segregation resistance.
- Easy placement and finishing – minimized need for vibration due to high flow and high responsiveness to external energy. • Segregation resistant – increased window of mix designs that maintain acceptable cohesiveness.
- Minimized blocking – high passing ability through congested reinforcement without aggregate “blocking” when produced with maximum size aggregate conforming to ACI 211.1.
- Fast construction – significantly faster concrete discharges and placement.
- Reduced equipment wear – pumps at lower pressures.
Advantages compared to self-consolidating concrete mixtures:
- Lower material costs – uses conventional mix designs instead of specialized mix proportions.
- Superior moisture tolerance – consistent and predictable flow properties through as larger range of manufacturing moisture fluctuations.
- Reduced job site quality control – improved stability and segregation resistance reduces need for job site adjustments.
Compatibility with Other Admixtures and Batch Sequencing
CONCERA™ CP1028 admixture is compatible with most GCP admixtures as long as they are added separately to the concrete mix, usually through the water holding tank discharge line. However, it is not recommended for use in concrete containing naphthalene-based admixtures, including Daracem® 19. In general, it is recommended that the product be added to the concrete mix near the end of the batch sequence for optimum performance. Please see GCP Technical Bulletin TB-0110, Admixture Dispenser Discharge Line Location and Sequencing for Concrete Batching Operations for further recommendations.
Packaging & Handling
CONCERA™ CP1028 is available in bulk, delivered by metered tank trucks, in totes and drums. CONCERA™ CP1028 will begin to freeze at approximately 32°F (0°C) but will return to full strength after thawing and thorough agitation. In storage and for proper dispensing, the temperature should be maintained above 32°F (0°C).
A complete line of accurate, automatic dispensing equipment is available.
Concrete shall be designed in accordance with Standard Recommended Practice for Selecting Proportions for Concrete, ACI 211.
The water-reducing admixture shall be CONCERA™ CP1028 water reducer as manufactured by GCP Applied Technologies, or its equivalent. It shall be manufactured to meet all the requirements of Specification for Chemical Admixtures for Concrete, ASTM Designation C494 as a Type A admixture.
The admixture shall be delivered as a ready-to-use, liquid product and shall not contain added chlorides. It shall be used in strict accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
ca.gcpat.com | North America customer service: 1-877-4AD-MIX (1-877-423-6491)
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
CONCERA and Daracem are trademarks, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2018 GCP Applied Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 62 Whittemore Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140 USA.
In Canada, 294 Clements Road, West, Ajax, Ontario, Canada L1S 3C6.
Ce document est à jour seulement à la date de la dernière mise à jour indiquée ci-dessous et n'est valide que pour une utilisation au Canada. Il est important que vous consultiez toujours les informations actuellement disponibles sur l'URL ci-dessous pour fournir les informations les plus récentes sur le produit au moment de l'utilisation. Des documents supplémentaires tels que les manuels de l'entrepreneur, les bulletins techniques, les dessins détaillés et les recommandations détaillées ainsi que d'autres documents pertinents sont également disponibles sur www.ca.gcpat.com. Les informations trouvées sur d'autres sites Web ne doivent pas être utilisées, car elles peuvent ne pas être à jour ou applicables aux conditions de votre site et nous déclinons toute responsabilité quant à leur contenu. S'il y a des conflits ou si vous avez besoin de plus d'informations, veuillez contacter le service client de GCP.
Last Updated: 2018-12-12