DeneSeal-P-2235 is a high performance; NSF approved chemical resistant elastomeric joint sealant. Due to its high polysulfide polymer content, it is resistant to many chemicals, shrinkage, aging, thermal stress and the effects of outdoor exposure.
- Floor Joints
- Concrete Panels
- Harsh Chemical Environments
- Indoor/Outdoor Expansion Joints
- May be used total water submersion applications
- Certified to NSF Standard 61, Sec. 6
- Retains elasticity even under harsh conditions
- Excellent Chemical Resistance to mild acids, alkalis and petroleum
- Excellent Resistance to weathering
- Contains no volatile solvents
Do not apply in temperatures less than 40°F or greater than 95°F. (material cures slower at cooler temperatures and working time will be substantially reduced at higher temperatures).
Packaging & Handling
Both components should be stored in a dry place at temperatures between 65°F and 80°F.
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D-412||150-200 psi|
|Hardness (Shore)||ASTM D-2240||25-30|
|Joint Movement||+/- 25%|
|Pot Life||77°F||1 hour|
|Tack Free Time||77°F||6 hours|
|Full Cure Time||77°F||7 days|
Note: The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations from the data shown above may result.
|JOINT WIDTH (INCHES)||JOINT DEPTH||COVERAGE (LINEAL FEET/UNIT)|
PACKAGING: 1.5 Gallon Units
COLORS: Bronze, Gray
Concrete: Do not thin with solvents. Confirm product performance in specific chemical environment prior to use.
Substrate temperature must be at least 5°F above the dew point. Apply only to clean, dry and sound concrete substrates that are free of all coatings, sealers, curing compounds, oils, greases or any other contaminants. Concrete that has been contaminated with chemicals or other foreign matter must be neutralized or removed. Remove any laitance or weak surface layers. Concrete should have a minimum surface tensile strength of at least 300 PSI, as verified by an elcometer test. Surface profile shall be CSP-3 to CSP-5 meeting ICRI (International Concrete Repair Institute) standard guideline #03732 for coating concrete, producing a profile equal to 60-grit sandpaper or coarser. Prepare surface by mechanical means to achieve this desired profile. Refer to DE NEEF® Surface Preparation Guidelines for more details.
Steel: For steel surfaces, a “White Metal” abrasive blast with an anchor profile of 2-4 mils in accordance with Steel Structures Painting Council Specification SP-5-63 or NACE No. 1 is required for immersion service. For splash and spillage exposure, a “Near White”, SP-10-63 or NACE No. 2 is required.
- Prime surface with DeneSeal 5050 Primer for immersion applications. See datasheet for application details.
- Install a backer rod or other type of bond breaker into the joint. Ideally the joint depth should be one half the joint width.
- Add Component B to Component A and mix at slow speed (250-300 RPM) with a 1/2” drill and a jiffy-mixing paddle until material is completely blended. Typical mixing time is 3-5 minutes. Scrape down sides of the container and mixing paddle periodically during mixing. Thorough blending of the components is essential for maximum performance.
- DeneSeal-P-2235 is supplied in a non-sag consistency that will gun easily with conventional caulking equipment. Fill joint completely. Proper width to depth ratios must be maintained.
- Tooling is required immediately after application to ensure full contact with the joint interfaces. Dry tooling is preferred. Care should be taken to avoid contamination of open joints. Blocking may be required.
- For best results, clean tools and equipment with a nonflammable and non-evaporating cleaner. Always wear gloves when using this product.
ca.gcpat.com | North America customer service: 1-877-4AD-MIX (1-877-423-6491)
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
DE NEEF® is a trademark, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2018 GCP Applied Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 62 Whittemore Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140 USA.
In Canada, GCP Canada, Inc., 294 Clements Road, West, Ajax, Ontario, Canada L1S 3C6.
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in the Canada. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.com. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2020-07-09