DE NEEF® Washing Agent is a non-flammable solvent mixture for cleaning polyurethane grout pumps and equipment. Washing Agent is composed of a mixture of organic solvents with high dissolving properties for liquid polyurethane products.
- Flushing out and cleaning pumps and lines used to inject polyurethane grouts.
- Pour Urethane grout from original container into an open top bucket. Add the catalyst and stir it into the grout slowly for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Place the main pickup line into the urethane grout.
- Place the prime line into the trash bucket.
- Turn on the prime switch to prime. Let it run until the Washing Agent runs out and urethane grout starts running through the prime line. Turn prime switch off.
- Place the prime line into the urethane grout.
- Point the gun into the trash bucket and pull the trigger. Let it run until clear Washing Agent turns amber. You are now ready to grout.
Pump Start Up
For most pumps, there are two separate lines.
- Main pickup line (large line)
- Prime line (small line)
The main pickup line sucks the material into the pump. The prime line is the smaller tube running alongside the main line. The objective is to NOT contaminate the DE NEEF® Washing Agent with either water or urethane grout.
You will need two buckets:
- One empty bucket that will be the trash bucket.
- One bucket filled with 3/4 gallon DE NEEF® Washing Agent.
- Separate the main pickup line from the prime line.
- Place the main pickup line into the Washing Agent.
- Place the prime line into the trash bucket.
- Start the pump.
- Turn the prime switch to prime.
- Let the prime line run into the trash bucket for 5 - 10 seconds. While the Washing Agent is still running, move the prime line over into the Washing Agent bucket. Let it run for about 1 minute. A steady flow of Washing Agent should be running out of the prime line.
- Turn prime switch off. Pump should now be ready with DE NEEF® Washing Agent in the injection hose.
- Point the grease gun into the trash bucket. Pull the trigger and let it run for 5 - 10 seconds. Release the trigger and point the gun into the Washing Agent bucket. Pull the trigger and let it run for 1 minute.
Limited effect on cured polyurethane resin.
Pump Shut Down
- Repeat this process using the Washing Agent.
- Clean the prime line for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Switch to the main pickup line.
- Run the remaining urethane grout into the trash bucket.
- When it runs with Washing Agent, recirculate Washing Agent for 3 - 4 minutes.
Packaging & Handling
5 Gallon metal pails, closed head with a flex spout.
|Specific Density||Approx. 9.6 lbs/gal|
Note: The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations from the data shown above may result.
Health and Safety
Avoid repeated inhalation of large quantities: If necessary, wear a mask (for organic vapors). Do not spray if sufficient ventilation is unavailable. Observe all safety rules as noted on the label. Always use protective clothing, gloves and goggles consistent with OSHA regulations during use. Avoid eye and skin contact. Do not ingest. Refer to Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for detailed safety precautions. SDS’s can be obtained from GCP Applied Technologies or from our web site at gcpat.com.
For emergencies, call CHEMTREC: 1-800-424-9300.
ca.gcpat.com | North America customer service: 1-877-4AD-MIX (1-877-423-6491)
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
DE NEEF is a trademark, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2018 GCP Applied Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 62 Whittemore Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140 USA.
In Canada, GCP Canada, Inc., 294 Clements Road, West, Ajax, Ontario, Canada L1S 3C6.
Ce document est à jour seulement à la date de la dernière mise à jour indiquée ci-dessous et n'est valide que pour une utilisation au Canada. Il est important que vous consultiez toujours les informations actuellement disponibles sur l'URL ci-dessous pour fournir les informations les plus récentes sur le produit au moment de l'utilisation. Des documents supplémentaires tels que les manuels de l'entrepreneur, les bulletins techniques, les dessins détaillés et les recommandations détaillées ainsi que d'autres documents pertinents sont également disponibles sur www.ca.gcpat.com. Les informations trouvées sur d'autres sites Web ne doivent pas être utilisées, car elles peuvent ne pas être à jour ou applicables aux conditions de votre site et nous déclinons toute responsabilité quant à leur contenu. S'il y a des conflits ou si vous avez besoin de plus d'informations, veuillez contacter le service client de GCP.
Last Updated: 2020-01-16