Vapor Permeable Adhesive
PERM-A-BARRIER® Adhesive imparts an aggressive, high tack finish on the treated substrate. It is specifically designed to facilitate tenacious adhesion of PERM-A-BARRIER® self-adhered membranes to various substrates including plywood, oriented strand board (OSB), concrete masonry units (CMU) and glass faced wall boards.
- Permeable Formulation
- Excellent adhesion—bonds to substrate and remains permanently pressure sensitive
- Aggressive tack—provides a tenacious bond to substrates such as plywood, OSB, CMU and glass faced wall boards
- Fast drying—increased flexibility for application schedule
- Fast and easy application—by brush or roller
- Low temperature—can be applied at 20°F (-6°C)
- VOC compliant—meets SCAQMD regulations
PERM-A-BARRIER® Adhesive can be used at 20°F (-6°C) or above.
PERM-A-BARRIER® Adhesive is available in 5 gallon pails.
Safety, Storage and Handling Information
PERM-A-BARRIER® Adhesive is flammable in the wet state. Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) are available and users should acquaint themselves with this information. Carefully read detailed precaution statements on product labels and the MSDS before use.
- The VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) content is < 235 g/L EPA method 24.
- Best storage temperature is 40–80°F (4–27°C). Lower temperatures can cause increased viscosity of a temporary nature. Rotate stock on a “first in, first out” basis.
- When stored at recommended temperature in the original, unopened container, this product has a shelf life of 12 months from date of shipment.
- Do not apply on EPS/XPS insulation board.
- Use solvent resistant brushes and rollers.
- Keep work area well ventilated.
- Keep away from open flame, sparks, and ignition sources.
All surfaces must be free from frost, dirt, grease, oil or other contaminants. Failure to remove excessive dust may result in compromised adhesion of the membrane.
Apply adhesive in dry weather with ambient and substrate temperatures above 20°F (-6°C). Surface must be dry and clean. PERM-A-BARRIER® Adhesive can be applied by brush or roller. Typical brushes and rollers designed for use with latex paints may be used.
Approximately 250–300 ft2/gal (23–28 m2/L) on glass-mat faced gypsum sheathing such as DensGlass® Gold. Coverage rates may vary depending on substrate type, brand and roughness.
Allow PERM-A-BARRIER® Adhesive to dry until surface becomes tacky. Drying times may vary depending on temperature and humidity conditions. The product is packaged “ready to use.” Do not use any substance to thin this product. Protect from freezing.
Wet adhesive may be removed using mineral spirits. For dry adhesive, citrus based cleaners may be used.
ca.gcpat.com | North America customer service: 1-877-4AD-MIX (1-877-423-6491)
We hope the information here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate, and is offered for consideration, investigation and verification by the user, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. Please read all statements, recommendations, and suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale, which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use that would infringe any patent, copyright, or other third party right.
PERM-A-BARRIER® is a trademark, which may be registered in the United States and/or other countries, of GCP Applied Technologies Inc. This trademark list has been compiled using available published information as of the publication date and may not accurately reflect current trademark ownership or status.
© Copyright 2018 GCP Applied Technologies Inc. All rights reserved.
GCP Applied Technologies Inc., 2325 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 450, Alpharetta, GA 30009, USA
GCP Canada, Inc., 294 Clements Road, West, Ajax, Ontario, Canada L1S 3C6.
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in the Canada. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.com. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2022-04-27