PERM-A-BARRIER® VPL 50RS UV Stable Air Barrier
UV Stable, Vapor Permeable, liquid-applied air and water vapor barrier
Construction projects can be thrown completely off track due to bad weather—adding more days to the schedule. With construction schedules becoming tighter, builders are looking for ways to avoid these costly delays. Through its unique formulation, PERM-A-BARRIER® VPL 50RS UV Stable air barrier eliminates weather delays and drives down the cost of installation. This novel solution creates a barrier against air infiltration and exfiltration, minimizing energy loss and condensation problems.
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
GCP (GCP) PERM-A-BARRIER® VPL 50RS UV STABLE Membrane is a ﬂuid applied, one component, STPE (Silyl Terminated Polyether) vapor permeable air and water barrier. When applied to approved construction surfaces, PERM-A-BARRIER® VPL 50RS UV STABLE liquid is designed to cure and form a resilient, monolithic, fully bonded elastomeric sheet, and to create a continuous barrier against air inﬁltration and exﬁltration, reducing associated energy loss and condensation problems.
- UV stable behind maximum 1 in. wide open joint rainscreen system; provides design flexibility
- Can be exposed for up to 12 months during construction
- Early wash-off resistance
- Can be applied to damp-to-touch surfaces that are free of liquid water
- Sprayer friendly formula requiring light spray equipment
What is PERM-A-BARRIER® VPL 50RS UV Stable Wall Membrane?
Liquid-applied air barriers are faster to apply than traditional materials, but the material can wash off in the rain. GCP has addressed this problem with PERM-A-BARRIER® VPL 50RS UV Stable liquid-applied air barrier, an easy-to-install solution that resists water quickly after installation. This feature enables contractors to complete projects faster by reducing rain delays. Total project costs are lower than competitive latex technologies, resulting in cost savings.
In addition, PERM-A-BARRIER® VPL 50RS UV Stable air barrier remains UV stable behind open joints and can be exposed for up to 12 months and can be applied in temperatures as low as 25°F, offering more flexibility in scheduling.
PERM-A-BARRIER® VPL 50RS UV Stable air barrier enhances energy efficiency, providing superior protection against air and water vapor. Ideal for projects requiring breathable characteristics, PERM-A-BARRIER® VPL 50RS UV Stable air barrier permits water vapor through that could otherwise condense in the wall, yet it is impermeable to liquid water, so it can act as a water drainage solution.
- NFPA 285 compliant in a range of wall assemblies
- Compliant with ASTM E2357 standard
- Single component for fast and easy application
- Phthalate- and halogen-free for safe, environmentally-friendly use
- Strong adhesion to construction substrates, such as wood, block, concrete, gypsum sheathing and metal, among others