ADCOR® Hydrophilic Waterstop
Advanced hydrophilic waterstop prevents infiltration.
A cold joint is where a fresh batch of concrete meets one that has already been cured. It’s hard for uncured concrete to form a seal with a block that’s been cured already. Therefore, a cold joint is the area where cracks are more likely to form, followed by water infiltration. For below-grade construction, waterstops represent a safe, commonsense approach to preventing water infiltration through seams in concrete.
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
ADCOR® 500T is a unique product that has been specifically developed to provide higher performance than conventional bentonite or swellable rubber waterstops.
- Controlled volumetric expansion
- Retains cohesive strength at both original and expanded volume.
- No need for protective steel mesh.
- Horizontal and vertical construction joints
- Casting new concrete against existing
- Floor slabs cast against diaphragm retaining walls, steel sheet piles and secant pile walls
Why use ADCOR®?
ADCOR® represents an advanced hydrophilic waterstop that’s compatible with all of GCP’s industry-leading waterproofing membranes. While waterproofing membranes prevent water migration from beneath the slab, waterstops prevent migration from inside the cold joint. Using both together represents the safest approach to keeping water out of below grade construction.
Advanced waterstop features
ADCOR® waterstops don’t just reduce the likelihood of water infiltration — it creates a better connection between the two surfaces of a cold joint. When fully enclosed by poured concrete, ADCOR® swells, filling gaps and reducing the chance of concrete spalling or cracking. When placed in contact with water, ADCOR® swells even more, preventing water infiltration.
Beats other waterstop products
- Conforms to a large variety of concrete surfaces
- Expands only when needed—no need for replacement due to premature expansion
- Doesn’t weaken during or after expansion
- Simple jointing
- Doesn’t require steel mesh
- Retains strength after multiple wet-dry expansions
- Contains no sodium bentonite
Works with category-creating products from GCP
Don’t think of ADCOR® as just another waterstop product. Think of it as part of a complete waterproofing system that includes waterproofing membranes, drainage boards, and more. ADCOR® outperforms other waterstop products on its own—and ADCOR® is also one of the only waterstop systems that is compatible with GCP’s category-defining waterproofing products.
Click on the login to access the site with your username and password. Please add GCPAT\ (including the slash) in front of your user name when entering user name. If you need assistance, please contact Denise White at: 617 498-4555 or Denise.I.White@gcpat.com