BITUTHENE® Post-Applied Waterproofing
Proven performance from the world’s most trusted post-applied waterproofing membrane.
Plazas and parking decks. Inverted roofs, green roofs and elevated decks. Basement walls. Tunnels, metro stations and infrastructure products. For each of these applications and more, there's a Bituthene® product developed by GCP Applied Technologies. Bituthene® is the most trusted post-applied waterproofing membranes. Their effectiveness has been proven time and again in countless projects. Long-lasting, versatile and easy to install, Bituthene® gets the job done.
BITUTHENE® Product Documents
|Product Name||Product Data Sheet||SDS/MSDS||Guide Specifications|
|BITUTHENE® Adhesive Primer B2 LVC|
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
BITUTHENE® System 4000 WaterProofing Membrane is a 1/16 in. (1.5 mm) flexible, pre-formed membrane which combines a high performance, cross laminated, HDPE carrier film with a unique, super tacky, self-adhesive rubberized asphalt compound.
- Excellent adhesion
- Cold applied
- Reduced inventory and handling costs
- Wide application temperature range
- Overlap security
- Cross laminated, high density polyethylene carrier film
- UL approval Class A Fire Rating
- Accessory Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
Flexible and powerful
Bituthene® is available in a number of grades to suit your project needs. Supplied as an easily applied sheet, it can be cold-applied at temperatures as low as 25°F and can be placed on a variety of concrete surfaces. Its robust waterproofing properties, combined with its ease of application, results in a contractor-friendly product that adds value to buildings.
Apply easily, anywhere
Although the chemical properties of Bituthene® make it suitable for a variety of applications, we have added mechanical innovations to further its ease of use and long-term viability.
- Ripcord® design lets workers easily split release liner for ease of positioning
- Cold-applied membrane avoids risk of fire during installation due to the fact that flame and/or hot works are not required
- Self-adhesive overlaps avoid leaky seams and eliminate the need for specialized equipment or training.
- When used with primer, Bituthene® can easily be applied to damp or green concrete during time-sensitive construction, saving time and money for the project team.
Unparalleled water protection
Buildings change and settle over time, but Bituthene® accommodates those changes.
- Robust film and specially formulated adhesive provide maximum water protection
- Flexible yet strong membrane provides crack bridging capabilities and moves with concrete, accommodating minor settling
- Controlled thickness ensures lack of variation
Get world-class technical services
With so many versatile applications, there’s a Bituthene® solution for nearly every project and design. We provides world-class technical services in order to make those limits even smaller.
Find application instructions, installation details and detailed drawings.
Looking for a distributor that supplies air barriers, flashing, weather resistive barriers, roofing underlayments, waterproofing, injection materials or flooring?
Click on the login to access the site with your username and password. Please add GCPAT\ (including the slash) in front of your user name when entering user name. If you need assistance, please contact Denise White at: 617 498-4555 or Denise.I.White@gcpat.com