PREPRUFE® comprehensive waterproofing system
Continuous waterproofing, from the inside out
Based on the immense market acceptance and performance benefits of PREPRUFE ® Plus waterproofing membranes, we are pleased to announce that we will be transitioning all PREPRUFE® 300R/160R to PREPRUFE® Plus, effective January 1, 2021. Please contact your account representative for more details.
Foundation waterproofing requires continuity across systems. That's why we've brought together pre-applied and post-applied waterproofing into a complete, best-in-class system, including:
- PREPRUFE® Plus pre-applied waterproofing
- PREPRUFE® 800PA post-applied waterproofing
- PREPRUFE® 800XP self-protected, post-applied waterproofing
PREPRUFE® Product Documents
- Product Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
PREPRUFE® 200 is a composite sheet membrane comprised of a robust HDPE film, an aggressive pressure-sensitive adhesive and a weather resistant coating. Using patented Advanced Bond Technology, PREPRUFE® 200 Membrane provides a continuous seal that resists water ingress and migration between the membrane and the structure.
- Prevents water migration
- Fast and easy installation
- Avoids delays
- Excellent vapor barrier
It can be applied either horizontally to smooth prepared concrete, well-rolled and compacted sand or compacted crushed stone blinding; or vertically to permanent formwork or adjoining structures.
PREPRUFE®250 pre-applied waterproofing membrane is a unique composite sheets comprised of a thick HDPE ﬁlm, pressure sensitive adhesive and weather resistant protective coating.
- Forms a continuous adhesive bond to concrete poured against it
- Specifically designed to prevent water migration
- Continuous bond to poured concrete means PREPRUFE® 250 membrane is unaffected by ground settlement
PREPRUFE® 250 is intended for low hydrostatic pressure or intermittent water conditions. Applications include construction such as garages, plant rooms and utility grade basements.
PREPRUFE® 275 membrane is a composite sheet comprised of an HDPE film, an aggressive pressure sensitive adhesive and a weather resistant protective coating.
- Durable system designed specifically to withstand the force of shotcrete placement.
- The unique continuous and integral bond to the structure, is specifically designed to reduce lateral water migration between the membrane and the shotcrete.
PREPRUFE® 300R Plus & 160R Plus membranes are unique composite sheets comprised of a thick HDPE film, pressure sensitive adhesive and weather resistant protective coating.
- Forms a unique continuous adhesive bond
- Provides a barrier to water, moisture and gas
- Easy roll/kick out installation
- Release liner free
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus membranes can be applied horizontally to smooth prepared concrete, carton forms or well rolled and compacted earth or crushed stone substrate
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus or 160R Plus membranes can be applied vertically to permanent formwork or adjoining structures
PREPRUFE® 300R Plus LT & 160R Plus LT pre applied waterproofing membranes are unique composite sheets comprised of a thick HDPE film, pressure sensitive adhesive, and weather resistant protective coating.
- The unique continuous adhesive bond to concrete poured against it prevents water migration and makes it unaffected by ground settlement beneath slabs.
- Designed with fully adhered adhesive to adhesive watertight ZipLap™ seams and easy to execute detailing.
- Provides a barrier to water, moisture and gas physically isolating the structure from the surrounding substrate.
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus LT can be applied horizontally to smooth prepared concrete, carton forms or well rolled and compacted earth or crushed stone substrate
- PREPRUFE® 300R Plus LT or 160R Plus LT can be applied vertically to permanent formwork or adjoining structures
PREPRUFE® 800PA is a cold-applied, self-adhesive waterproofing membrane, composed of a reinforced cross-laminated HDPE film, and a synthetic non-bituminous adhesive. PREPRUFE® 800PA incorporates the PREPRUFE® Advanced Bond Technology™.
- Fully bonded
- Superior performance
- Water and vapor barrier
- Gas resistant
- Basement walls of all basement grades to BS 8102: 2009
- Below-ground car parks
- Underground RC reservoirs and tanks
- Industrial plants
- Radon and methane gas protection
- Protection from water, damp and gas of critical substructures
PREPRUFE® 800XP foundation waterproofing composite is a two-in-one system featuring a waterproofing membrane with a unique built-in protective layer that eliminates the time-consuming process of installing protection course. This flexible yet highly durable system significantly reduces labor time while minimizing installed costs.
- Tough – durable, resilient and unaffected by almost all backfill
- Aggressive Adhesion – Synthetic, non-asphaltic adhesive for aggressive adhesion and peel resistance to concrete.
- Fully Bonded – Creates a watertight seal, especially when installed with PREPRUFE® 300R Plus or PREPRUFE® 160R Plus pre-applied membranes, to form a complete, below-grade waterproofing system.
Preprufe® SCS is a unique blindside waterproofing system specifically developed to provide a high performance waterproofing solution for shotcrete foundation walls.
- Durable system designed specifically to withstand the force of shotcrete placement
- Post-injected grout fills and seals, providing ultimate waterproofing protection
- Aggressive bond to shotcrete resists lateral water migration
- Excellent resistance to hydrostatic pressure
Shotcrete foundation walls
- Accessory Name
- Key Benefits
- Applications Type
PREPRUFE® Detail Tape is a specially formulated, two-sided, highly aggressive tape. It is a 2 in (50 mm) wide x 50 ft (15 m) long self-adhesive tape with a release liner.
- Detailing accessory to the PREPRUFE® and PREPRUFE® SCS Systems
- Adhering Hydroduct® drainage composites and insulation boards to waterproofing membranes
Preprufe® Grout EG 75 is a high performance, solvent free, impermeable epoxy grout for maintaining continuity of Preprufe® waterproofing systems at pile heads and similar structural penetrations. The product comprises of a base epoxy resin, an epoxy hardener and graded mineral aggregates. The three components are supplied pre-measured for easy on site mixing at the correct ratio.
- Water resistant adhesion to all products in the Preprufe sheet waterproofing system
- High bond to substrate
- Rapid strength gain
- High compressive, flexural and tensile strengths
- Waterproofing of pileheads and pilecaps
- Waterproofing of structural penetrations through Preprufe® waterproofing systems
- Recommended thickness range 1/2" (13mm) - 3" (75 mm)
A caulk-applied hydro-swelling sealant designed as a water stop for use around penetrations and in both horizontal and vertical construction joints.
- Solvent free
- >200% expansion
- Can be applied to damp surfaces
- Strong adhesion
- Ease of application
- As a water stop around pipe penetrations, rebar, utility conduits and other penetrations
- Horizontal and vertical construction joints in concrete surfaces
- As a detailing accessory to the Preprufe® Waterproofing System
Preprufe® Tape and Preprufe® CJ Tape are specially formulated two sided, reinforced pressure-sensitive tapes. These tapes are constructed with a highly aggressive adhesive which is designed to adhere to penetrations, protrusions and GCP waterproofing membranes.
- Detail areas including end laps, penetrations and repairs to Preprufe waterproofing systems
- Construction joints
The Preprufe® Tieback Cover is a specially designed, two-part cover used to maintain waterproofing integrity at soil retention tieback heads. The Preprufe® Tieback Cover consists of a base and cover, and is assembled on site to provide a simple and quick waterproofing detailing aid used with the Preprufe® system.
- Prevents water migration
- Fully-adhered watertight laps using Preprufe Tape
- Simple and quick to install
- Easy to inspect
The Preprufe Tieback Cover can be installed over cable and rod type tieback heads.
The importance of foundation waterproofing
Leaks from groundwater, storm water runoff or irrigation water may impact the foundation of any building that's improperly waterproofed — and when concrete is involved, there are a number of ways that water can travel into and around a structure.
A continuous waterproofing system is critical to mitigating these risks.
Best-in-class waterproofing performance
With more than one billion ft2 around the globe, PREPRUFE® waterproofing is trusted by architects and contractors the world over. Featuring ease of installation along with robust adhesion between the membrane and the structure, the PREPRUFE® line of products offers premium protection against moisture and gas for the design life of the structure. Our unique Advanced Bond Technology™ enables the system to form an aggressive bond with the concrete slab. ASTM hydrostatic head testing demonstrates that this can successfully prevent water from migrating between the membrane and concrete, greatly reducing the risk of catastrophic waterproofing failure.
Our R&D team continually seeks ways to innovate in ways that help make contractors’ lives easier. The PREPRUFE® line of waterproofing system offers an array range of time-saving features that vastly simplify installation. The ZipLap™ seams in PREPRUFE® Plus pre-applied waterproofing systems helps sheets bond to one another more easily, while the two-in-one capabilities of PREPRUFE® 800XP post-applied waterproofing eliminates the need to add a separate protection board. All this adds up to faster ROI for contractors.
Supported by waterproofing experts
Our waterproofing products are backed by end-to-end design and field support to help our customer with everything from product specification to streamlining installation. Many customers rely on PREPRUFE to help accelerate project completion, gain greater peace of mind, and improve the durability of their structure.
PREPRUFE® waterproofing systems are ideal for a wide range of applications, including:
- Colleges and universities
- Mixed use buildings
- Public transit
- 25+ year track record
- Flexible yet highly durable films
- Easy-to-install detailing
- Resistant to water migration (Independently tested at 70 meters of hydrostatic head pressure)
- Red List Free
In addition to a comprehensive suite of pre- and post-applied waterproofing membranes, GCP manufactures a range of accessories that work with PREPRUFE® waterproofing systems.
Preprufe® Solved $4 Billion Transport Infrastructure Challenges
$2 Billion Power Plant Uses Preprufe® Below-Grade Waterproofing
A Hospital in Newcastle Relies on GCP Waterproofing
Airport Construction in Ireland Successfully Implements Waterproofing Solution
Arts Facility Use GCP to Complete Concert Design
ASB Tennis Centre Turns to Bituthene® Waterproofing Solution
Atalanta Sports Stadium Uses Full Waterproofing Solution
Duo Towers - Paris Rive Gauche
Heavy detailing no match for PREPRUFE® basement waterproofing
Large Commercial Building Project Achieves Success with Premium Waterproofing
Las Vegas Airport Is Success after Utilizing Three GCP Waterproofing Solutions
London Crossrail Transport Stations Receive Superior Waterproofing Solution
Multiple Waterproofing Solutions from One Source
Museum Construction Implements a Solution for Watertight Protection
Museum of Islamic Art Built with Sustainability in Mind
NBA Stadium Lets It Rain with New Waterproofing
New Estonia Museum Design Built to Protect over 1 Million Cultural Arts
One of the Largest Retail Complexes in the Europe Relies on Preprufe®, Bituthene® and Adprufe® Waterproofing
One of the Largest Transit Projects in the World Uses Preprufe® for Waterproofing
Preprufe® Unique Watertight Structural Solutions Protect the Warsaw Spire Construction
Preprufe® Utilized in Milan Metropolitan’s Underground Construction Project
Subway Architecture Design in Seoul Calls for GCP Products
Transportation Infrastructure in Saudi Arabia Utilizes GCP Technologies’ Waterproofing Solutions
Tuscany’s Apuano Hospital Chooses PREPRUFE® Waterproofing
Utilizing Adprufe®, UK Shopping Center Opens on Time
Waterproofing Cal Poly Recreation Center Achieved with GCP Waterproofing for Shotcrete Foundations
Waterproofing the $3.1 Billion Alaskan Way Viaduct
Wembley National Stadium Gets Waterproofing Protection from the Foundation to the Roof and Everything in-between
Find application instructions, installation details and detailed drawings.
Looking for a distributor that supplies air barriers, flashing, weather resistive barriers, roofing underlayments, waterproofing, injection materials or flooring?
Click on the login to access the site with your username and password. Please add GCPAT\ (including the slash) in front of your user name when entering user name. If you need assistance, please contact Denise White at: 617 498-4555 or Denise.I.White@gcpat.com