PREPRUFE® 400T Membrane
Pre-applied waterproofing membrane that bonds integrally to poured concrete for tunnel applications
PREPRUFE® 400T membrane is a unique composite sheet comprised of a thick polyethylene film, an aggressive pressure sensitive adhesive and a protective coating. Unlike conventional non-adhering tunnel membranes, which are vulnerable to water ingress tracking between the unbonded membrane and tunnel, the unique PREPRUFE® bond to concrete prevents ingress or migration of water into the structure.
The PREPRUFE® Tunnel System includes:
- PREPRUFE® 400T—heavy duty pre-applied waterproofing membrane for drill-and-blast, bored and cut-and-cover tunneling applications
- HYDRODUCT® Tunnel Drain—composite sheet that collects and transports water for use in drained tunnels
- HYDRODUCT® Tunnel Mat—geotextile for surface leveling for use in non-drained tunnels
- PREPRUFE® Tunnel Tape—6 in. tape used to seal all side laps, end laps, cut edges, roll ends, penetrations and detailing
- PREPRUFE® Detail Tape—double-sided tape used to seal all end laps and detailing
- BITUTHENE® Liquid Membrane—for sealing around penetrations, detailing etc.
PREPRUFE® 400T membrane is applied against a prepared substrate. Concrete is then cast directly against the adhesive side of the membrane. The specially developed PREPRUFE® adhesive layer forms a continuous and integral seal to the structure.
- Fully-adhered technology—provides an intimate seal to the structure
- Micro-compartmentalized system—prevents lateral water migration between the waterproofing and the structure
- Solutions for all tunnel types—used for drilland-blast, bored and cut-and-cover tunneling applications
- Chemical resistant—effective in most types of soils and waters, protects structure from salt or sulphate attack
- Easy to install—waterbars not necessary for compartmentalization that include complex sealing of joint
Safety, Storage and Handling Information
All construction products must be handled properly. SDS (Safety Data Sheets) are available at gcpat.com and users should acquaint themselves with this information. Carefully read detailed precaution statements on product labels and the SDS before use.
PREPRUFE® 400T is installed by a GCP approved waterproofing applicator.
GCP provides designers and engineers with a customized solution for the most complex waterproofing challenges.
Ensure the plastic release liner is removed from all areas of PREPRUFE® Membrane and Tape. Concrete must be placed and compacted carefully to avoid damage to the membrane. Never use a sharp object to consolidate the concrete. Formwork must remain in place until the concrete has gained sufficient compressive strength for the PREPRUFE® to develop the adhesive bond.
|PREPRUFE® 400T||4 FT. WIDE|
|Roll Length||Custom to order|
|Palletization||16 Rolls per pallet|
|Storage||Store upright in dry conditions below 95 °F (35 °C)|
|PREPRUFE® Tunnel Tape||6 in. wide x 49 ft. (150 mm x 15 m)|
|PREPRUFE® Detail Tape||2 in. wide x 50 ft. (50 mm x 15.2 m)|
|BITUTHENE® Liquid Membrane||1.5 US gal (5.7 liter) or 4 US gal (15.1 liter)|
|HYDRODUCT® Tunnel Drain||39 in. x 150 ft. (99.1 cm x 45.7 m)|
|HYDRODUCT® Tunnel Mat||7 ft. x 75 ft. (2.1 m x 22 m)|
|PROPERTY||TEST METHOD||TYPICAL VALUES|
|Thickness||ASTM D3767||0.066 in. (1.68 mm)|
|Elongation at Break||SIA 280||Pass|
|Cold Bend Behavior||SIA 280||Pass|
|Dimensional Stability||SIA 280||Pass|
|Slit Pressure Resistance||SIA 280||Pass|
|Heat Aging||SIA 280||Pass|
|Long Term Compression and Impermeability||SIA 280||Pass|
|Microorganisms Resistance||SIA 280||Pass|
|Resistance Against Aggressive Liquids||SIA 280||Pass|
|Resistance Against Asphalt||DIN 16937||Pass|
|Crack Cycling at -10 °F (-23 °C), 100 Cycles||ASTM C836||Pass|
|Elongation, minimum1||ASTM D412||500%|
|Tensile Strength, Film, minimum||ASTM D412||4000 psi (27.6 MPa)|
|Water Absorption, maximum||ASTM D570||0.50%|
|Peel Adhesion to Concrete, minimum2||ASTM D903||5 lbs/in. (880 N/m) width|
|Lap Peel Adhesion3||ASTM D1876||2.5 lbs/in. (440 N/m) width|
|Low Temperature Flexibility||ASTM D1970||Unaffected at -10 °F (-23 °C)|
|Resistance to Hydrostatic Head, minimum4||ASTM D5385||231 ft (70 m)|
|Puncture Resistance, minimum||ASTM E154||150 lbs (667N)|
|Permeance to Water Vapor Transmission||ASTM E96 - B||0.03 PERMS|
1. Test performed at a rate of 2 in. (50 mm) per minute.
2. Concrete is cast against the protective coating surface of the membrane and allowed to properly cure (7 days minimum). Peel adhesion of membrane to concrete is measured at a rate of 2 in. (50 mm) per minute at room temperature.
3. The test is conducted 15 minutes after the lap is formed (per GCP published recommendations) and run at a rate of 2 in. (50 mm) per minute.
4. Test performed by casting concrete against the membrane with a lap. Before the concrete cures, a 0.125 in. (3 mm) spacer is inserted perpendicular to the membrane to create a gap. The cured block is placed in a chamber where water is introduced to the membrane surface up to the head indicated.
ca.gcpat.com | North America customer service: 1-877-4AD-MIX (1-877-423-6491)
This document is only current as of the last updated date stated below and is valid only for use in the Canada. It is important that you always refer to the currently available information at the URL below to provide the most current product information at the time of use. Additional literature such as Contractor Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Detail Drawings and detailing recommendations and other relevant documents are also available on www.gcpat.com. Information found on other websites must not be relied upon, as they may not be up-to-date or applicable to the conditions in your location and we do not accept any responsibility for their content. If there are any conflicts or if you need more information, please contact GCP Customer Service.
Last Updated: 2020-07-09